Monday, January 10, 2011

Hummus

I LOVE hummus but I hate that it's expensive.  I've been looking for a recipe that I like, the kids like and that Eva can have.  No tahini for my baby due to allergies but so many of the recipes I've tried just don't taste right without it!  I finally found one!  Eva agreed and was eating it by the spoonful tonight! :-)

1 (15 1/2 oz) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 garlic cloves, peeled
2 tablespoons tahini
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 or 2 drops hot sauce, preferably Tabasco
1/2 teaspoon paprika
Fine chopped fresh parsley

Combine all ingredients except paprika and parsley in food processor  and puree, adding a bit more water if hummus is too thick.  Transfer hummus to a serving dish: sprinkle with paprika and parsley.  Serve at once or refrigerate in covered container up to 3 days.

Serves 8
** I always have to add more water and mix the paprika right in instead of sprinkling on top!  YUM!

Per serving (2 tablespoons): 86 calories, 6g total fat
(1g Sat. Fat, 0g Trans Fat), 0mg Chol, 214 mg Sodium, 7g Carbs, 0g Total Sugar, 2g Fiber, 2g Protein, 19mg Calc.

PointsPlus Value: 2

(Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment